Sunday, July 1, 2012

lazy day

Too hot to do anything, but stay inside with the air on.  This is the weekend too.  We are thinking of things to do, the pool is out because it is full of little people splashing and screaming. Us retired people, well this retired couple has decided we do not need to do our sight seeing or other activities like that during the weekend, there are just too many people.  We also did not want to be out with all the downed trees and stores without air conditioning.  We will lay low and wait it out here in our roving estate.


We have no pics and or anything exciting to write about so I have decided to talk about books.

I have been reading a lot.  I have found a new author.  Ladies if you liked the movies like Sleepless in Seattle, which I just loved, you might like books by Janet Evonovick.  I read Manhunt and loved it.  My daughter has read a series she has out and enjoyed her too.  My library, well Laura's, has just the one book on e-books by her.  I must find a different library.

Also I like James Patterson for a change up.   I am currently reading Private.   We have read a lot of his books and have not been disappointed.


 There is another author I enjoy, good read and a personal connection, she is my cousin, L. K. Campbell.  Her books are light and fun to read. She sells them online lkoskcamp.com  They are a great bargain too.

And then there is this one; The Book of Lies by Brad Meltzer.  It was good and a tease, there is a Superman connection.  Very interesting and true.  Very fast paced book.

In one of these books is a line that stayed with me and I like it.

The soul would have no rainbows if the eyes had no tears.

Think about it.

We will have to do something tomorrow because we are getting cabin fever. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment